Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lilly the Bear!



Here is something really cool to check out! There is a Cam in a Wild Bears Den in MN. She is due to give birth to her first cubs any day now. I love bears and hope to become a bear educator this coming year. http://www.bear.org


Petey's second opinion was no better then the first, if anything it was worse. Because of the arrhythmia he is a candidate for sudden death. He won't be on meds until tomorrow. The Cardiologist has the results of his new 24 hour halter, and will prescribe a couple different meds to deal with the arrhythmia and to try to slow the disease down.

The one thing I've noticed the last couple of weeks since Petey's diagnosis is just how thoughtless and basically unkind people can be. Why is my dog of less value then a human being? People have said such ridiculous things to me. At least your boys are healthy, can you imagine if it was your hubby who was fatally ill, just think about all those poor people in Haiti, and then the stupidest remarks, he is just a dog and you can get another. Why is my pain and sadness something others think they can control with asinine remarks? I am hurt and filled with anger right now. Of cause I am grateful for all my life's blessing, I've always felt like I won the lottery of life having the best hubby in the world and four incredibly awesome sons who bring me more joy then I ever imagined possible in one life time. But all of that doesn't change the fact that my dog is very sick, I'm going to lose him soon and I'm trying to cope with the pain of knowing that he isn't going to be with me much longer. The only people who seem to understand how I'm feeling are true dog lovers and of cause....people who have known and loved Dobermans. Two people in my life although are suffering their own life challenges offered the best comfort of all, sincerity that I will pass on to the next person who needs that from me. I will take from this experience with Petey and learn...Peoples pain is their own, you can't compare anything you have gone through or are going through with what others feel. Everyone's pain in unique, and very personal. Sincere love given to others is the only way to help someone feel better in bad times. If there is one thing I've learned in this life...the bad times come and go. The only guarantee we have is that nothing stays the same, everything changes all the time. I hope that I can take this lesson out in life and truly become a much more sympathetic compassionate person to everyone in my life. Love is all there is...spread it.

No comments: