Friday, January 22, 2010

Lily gave birth!



I was at home today as my 3rd son broke his shoulder blade yesterday. I turned on the bear cam and it looked like Lily was having major contractions. I couldn't stop watching. Finally around noon she gave birth! You could hear the cub crying, it sounded just like a human baby. It was amazing to be a part of seeing something so special. I love bears,I never tire of the utter excitement I feel when seeing one, it always feels like the first time. For the last 21 years living in my house between two roads I've wanted to move onto only one road in my town. I always look up there at houses, land, wishing I could live where the bears are all the time. We have never found any property that seemed worth us leaving our home where we have raised our family. Miracles do happen, yesterday we signed contracts on a large beautiful piece of property on that road! I hike in the park at the top of the road three or four times a week. The property fell into our laps, as if heaven sent, I believe my dad may have had something to do with it, as his best friends son emailed us the listing, he came across it by accident, our Realtor never showed it to us, nor were there any signs on the property. It has a river, streams, ponds, a vernal pool, pine stands, wetlands, and our own side of a mountain. I have to pinch myself when I go to see it, someday I will be living there! We won't be rushing into the building process, as hubby wants to pay everything off and put in the septic and well as he can pay cash. He hope to design some energy efficient things into the log cabin we will be building. I will be able to do wildlife Rehab no problem, putting lots of soft release pens on the property. We looked at the property on New Years Day, and called to say where do we sign! We knew instantly that this was where we were meant to finally build our log cabin we have dreamed about for 30 years. As always we didn't question our gut feelings, and now three weeks later, I want it closed, so it is ours to enhance and preserve for wildlife. I'm excited to put some food plantings in and hang some bird boxes. The property should be home to wood and bog turtles too, how exciting to have them living in my backyard. My own vernal pool..what can I say about that other then....WOW! I can't wait for The big day with the Mole Salamanders.

Now on to more good news. Petey's second Holter came back good. Doesn't mean anything has changed, but the Cardiologist who is handling his case wants to treat this as fairly early. He has the disease, his heart is not normal, but for now he is only putting him on an ace inhibitor. He will have another Holter and Echo done in four months and we will see if we need to add more meds. My vet said Petey will be on a cocktail of meds before this is over. For now I'm to treat him like a normal dog, feed him his raw, give him his fist full of vitamins, exercise him normally and keep him THIN. My vets office doesn't think Petey will be leaving me anytime soon, and I hope they are right. I already have his 4th Birthday collar picked out! No one knows for sure how the disease will progress,he could go in 6 months or six years so they want me to stay positive and let him LIVE his life how ever short it might end up. The vet, tech and secretary were all so wonderful to crazy me. I got hugs and they told me to stay in the now. Love this dog and don't give up on him. And that's what I plan on doing.

No comments: