Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunset Cascade Lake Park



It still amazes me to live minutes from a beautiful scenes like this. I've lived in this town for close to twenty one years and not a day goes by that I am not in awe of it's beauty. Growing up in suburbia and having so little nature around as a kid taught me to appreciate the little things. Any small sighting was reason to celebrate, everyday a chance to see something new. Nature is the one true gift you can give yourself everyday...and it is free for the taking.

As I write, I'm sitting looking out my kitchen window there are no less then two hundred birds in my yard and at least a dozen squirrels, all trying to survive another day. Feeding backyard birds is the best way to bring nature to you. It is instant joy every time you look out a window. If I could give one gift to someone who is house bound because of illness or age it would be to set up a bird feeder in a spot they could easily view it and keep if full for them. How much nicer would it make someones day to view something living instead of just TV.

Today it is very windy and in the teens. Yesterday was the same, but Petey and I got out for a nice little hike, at dusk, nothing out and about but us, beautiful none the less. Today we will do the same. Have to keep the boy happy and strong.

No comments: