Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Babies went home...



The 3 baby squirrels turned into 7 with in a day. The Humane Society called me and asked that I take 4 more that were turned in after someone found their mom dead. After I got them home, I fed them and discovered that all were boys...what are the odds? I always end up with male animals. If I wasn't heading to Florida two more times this month I would have kept the four here and finished raising them. Having 7 to take care of was so much fun. I truly enjoyed every moment they were here. I had to syringe feed them 4x each day.

Today up at Cascade Lake the toads were singing, mating and should be laying eggs tonight. At 180 Cascade we hung Bluebird houses along the river bed. There was a Kingfisher across the river. Trout Lily leaves are up. Hubby is making wood duck boxes and a couple more wood duck boxes. I am loving our property, it is amazing to go there and check out what is happening each day.

No comments: