Friday, April 23, 2010

Petey


I've spent the last 4 months consumed with my boy and his illness. Worrying about his potential shortened life, when he will leave me, how much will he suffer, will I give him a proper quality life and why ME being given another sick dog? Tonight as I entered my walk in closet to get ready for bed, I looked at a group of pictures of all my past dogs. I have a memorial set up on my dresser, weird? IDK...we have pictures of dead relatives all over the place, but our beloved dogs...most people don't. They all have meant so much to me. I even have the collar of my first dog buttons. Dogs make my world whole and right. Petey is no different then those that have come before him. I decided tonight that although I had hoped for more then a decade with my GORGEOUS boy...I have no control over how long his life will be. He will be with me for how ever long he is suppose to be, I need to stop torturing myself and thinking I can control his illness and stop the heart disease. Every moment with him is precious and he has given me the gift of not wasting any of it. I truly love Petey more then any dog I've ever had in my life. I hope we have many years together left but if we don't I know in my heart...it has been a quality life for the two of us, and I am so thankful that he was mine for what ever time we have! I love you Petey!

No comments: