Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Snapping Turtle &Toads




Today after work I decided to let my Rehab snapping turtle go up at Cascade Lake. It was nice to see him go free. He had no problem swimming and looked very happy to be free again. I can't wait to return the Red bellied to the same lake. I'm waiting just a bit longer to let her go as I don't want her to get the respiratory infection back and end up sick again. There were toads everywhere, singing,mating and lots of egg laying. I could have sat there for hours watching the activity. It is always much more fun to watch nature in action then to sit home and read about it. It is the best activity and it's completely free.

Already picked up another rehab, a 5 week old baby squirrel. He is having a little trouble, very dehydrated and lethargic. I'm giving him pedialite every hour, and will feed formula when he gets more lively. He is going to be raised by me for the next three months.

No comments: