Monday, April 12, 2010

Wood Turtle & Garter Snake




On Saturday we had some more friends and family visiting and we decided to go over to our property. All the plants are coming up, and the leaves on the trees are popping. Everyone is simply amazed at the diversity of habitat. So many species live there because of it. It is so beautiful and peaceful, the moment I park my car and walk onto the land I completely decompress and smile. I've waited 50 years to find a place that I feel at home. Everything has lead up to us buying it. I can't wait until we can live there full time. The Wood Turtle and Garter snake were on the other side of the river, both were catching a little sun, family friend Robin caught the stunning photos of them with her new camera.

Today we went over to the land after work, hung another Bluebird box, that makes a total of 5. We also hung 2 Wood duck Boxes across the river. There was a GB Heron and a pair of Mallards. I saw a Pileated fly into the neighbors yard.

No comments: