Saturday, January 19, 2013

confession

There is so much I want to do and accomplish in this life, and there doesn't seem to be enough time to do any of it. I wanted to get my Certified Master Naturalist this year, and at the rate I'm going...there is no way I'm going to get the volunteer work, and the webinars done. I'm going to put it on the back burner again for a few months. I'm also thinking about not going to take in any wildlife rehabs this Spring. I will compile my list of other rehabbers and give their numbers when people call. I'm spread too thin mentally. I keep saying I'm going to Simplify...but I'm having trouble even taking the first steps. I think that I need to concentrate on one thing at a time. I also think....it's time for a social media break. I am addicted to the internet and it's stealing so much precious time from my life. I need to get back to work too, really that has to be my first priority. I have to help my hubby pay the bills. I am going to start my new business next week. I love dogs, and they love me, what a perfect job to walk and sit dogs. I'm going to make a commitment to myself, for the first time in many years, I'm going to limit my internet time. I will check my email in the morning, craigslist and any research I have to do but, no FB until after 8pm and only if I don't have a TV program on that I plan on watching. There....I said it! This will start on Tuesday morning. Life is too good to sit here day after day, month after month and now year after year staring at a computer screen, reading about other peoples lives. There are gourmet meals to cook, books to read, birds and wildlife to see, dogs to play with, a house that needs paint and TLC, closets that need to be purged, friends that need to be seen, trails that need to be hiked, and a family that needs my undivided love and attention 24/7 365 days a year. Wow....writing that down, felt GREAT!

No comments: