Friday, October 23, 2009

Bucket List AGAIN!


Amazing new turn of events.....I have direction! I know what I want to do with my life~finally~everything is falling into place! I want to do some things for myself, but I NEED to do charity. The humane society....two miles from my house has a great need for a wildlife rehabber....it is going to be ME! Today I went over and met with the director and also met a sick patient, that I WAS ABLE TO GET TO EAT! Overwhelmingly incredible moment, seeing this poor sick creature look and go for food. I want this animal to make it and go back into the wild where he belongs. My heart feels so big I'm not too sure it fits in my chest right now. Can't think of another moment that was so powerful, and such an ah ha moment. Yes Carol, this is what you always dreamed about, helping wild animals! I am going to a wildlife conference in three weeks up in Lake George NY, for three days to learn more about wildlife care. In a year I will be going for my Rabies Vector Species, and then six months after that my Federal license so I can do migratory birds. I am also studying to get my Master Naturalist designation. One last thing....I'm also going to become a bear educator, classes on how to educate the public to stop feeding our local bears. How great life is at almost 50 years old, so exciting!

I was at the Hawk Watch for 6 hours today and was incredibly rewarded with a full adult Golden Eagle! Life is Good...Good...GREAT!

No comments: