Thursday, January 30, 2014

Music to my ears

As I was getting ready for bed,  every so often I could hear something going on outside.  I couldn't quite make out what it was, so I opened the window and listened.  There were two packs of coyotes yapping and howling back and forth.  One was across from my home out in the corn fields and the others were across the road.  My wildlife cam is up in the backyard, how cool would it be to capture their images?  I can only hope.  It amazes me how many people hate coyotes, I can't fathom why so many do.  They remind  us of our beloved dogs. They are much needed predators in our forests, they help to fill the void left by the eradicated cougars and wolves. 

Rusy-blackbirds continue at the feeders.  I'm gladly going though about 25 pounds of cracked corn each week.  It's a small price to pay to have so many beautiful birds outside my windows. 

No comments: