Sunday, March 16, 2014

Master Naturalist

To say that I'm excited would be an understatement.  Yesterday I took a class at the Hudson Highland Museum to become a Volunteer for the North American Amphibian Monitoring Program.  NAAMP.  I will be monitoring a route near home 4 times over the next few months. During each monitoring night you stop at 10 different locations and record the frogs and toads you hear calling in a five minute time frame.  All your data is entered at the NAAMP website and after your 4th night of data collection sent via snail mail to the coordinator of the project to be checked before your data can be used.  I will also be participating in two other online data collecting projects both on Vernal Pools.  One with the Orianne Society and the other with the DEC Hudson River Estuary Program.  I'm happy that I can finally contribute the data I collect somewhere where it can be used.  I am also happy that I will be attaining my Master Naturalist by the end of this Summer!


No comments: