Monday, January 19, 2009

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker



No stair-climber for this girl! Two hours of snow-shoeing in beautiful sunshine 28 degree weather, is far more fun then any gym workout I've ever done. Petey and I headed out to the Co. Park and had a wonderful hike. Bird of the day was the Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, I saw a total of five of them. I even watched on feeding on sap that was dripping from a hole in a tree. Other notables, a couple of Red-tails, Turkey vulture, Flicker, chickadee, TT Mouse, RB woodpecker, Crows, Blue Jays, Downy WP.

After our glorious snow shoe I decided to to a bird watch drive. Went down to the prison, State School, Upper and Lower Wisnter, where I saw 4 black ducks,several Red-Tails, Juncos, WT, Tree, song Sparrows, Raven, Canada Geese, Mallards, Ravens, Lg. flock of Horned Lark.

Home is where them most bird action is going on....huge flocks continue, and I'm loving every minute! Hoping for some turkeys any day now.

No comments: