Saturday, April 16, 2011

Green Heron

I had a wonderful hike in the freezing rain. It's 41 and windy. There was a Green Heron at the pond. Gorgeous bird, he allowed me long close looks. I'm glad that I decided to bring my good bins despite the rain. I no sooner finished watching him to head up another trail and there was a bear! Always a thrilling welcome sight for me. Walking in the rain never disappoints, there is always more wildlife around when there are few people out in the wood. We also saw 4 deer. Keeping the dogs on leashes helps too. I would never again let one of my dogs chase wildlife. It is so unfair to the animal to have a dog terrorizing it, especially at this time of year when they are stressed out trying to find food to put back on the weight they lost during hibernation. On the way out of the park there were a few Bluebirds.

First Chipping Sparrow at the house.

No comments: