Friday, May 4, 2012

Wood Warblers









Today is one of those days that I'm so incredibly grateful to be alive. One week ago I was on vacation in Costa Rica, hiking in Corcovado Park.  It was the trip of a lifetime for ten days.  So much time to think about life.  Today I hiked locally and decided that where I live is my favorite place on earth.  There really is no need to travel to other countries, I truly believe the the US is the prettiest place on earth. The forest was a sea of green, as every tree and plant has now opened their leaves, it is breathtaking to see.  The neotropical wood warblers have filled the forest with their songs, and the scent of the damp woods is intoxicating after the rain of last night.  When I set out I knew that I was going to find a female box turtle, it was a gut feeling that I had.  Just before the end of my hike, Monty was cautiously sniffing something near a stream, so I quickly caught up to him to see what it was, and was not surprised to see it was turtle. The fact that it was a female made me realize, we have deeper powers then we even know. This has happened to me repeatedly with wildlife sightenings. She is very healthy and heavy, at least 20 years old.  I feel so blessed to have seeb her.  My day is good, my life is great.  

Species today, Redstart, Yellow-Rumped, Blackbernian, BT Blue, BT Green, Yellow, Connecticut, Black & White, Audubons, Blue-headed Vireo, Wood Thrush, Baltimore Oriole.

No comments: