Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rain

It's been raining a lot the last couple of weeks.  I don't remember a fall with quite so many migrants stopping over.  Today I had a late hummingbird and a monarch butterfly.  There have been warblers everywhere, including my backyard.  From what I've heard Pine Siskins are down in our area now, I better set up my thistle feeder again to prepare for them.  The bear pulled the pole down.  On Monday Derek was up in his tree stand and had a sow and 4 cubs hanging around under him!  How luck is that?  That would be a dream come true for me.

I am enjoying the simplifying process!  I've been feeling better physically then I have in a very long time, and it sure has given me lots more energy.  I am also loving being on a personal spending freeze.  I shop online and put my items in a cart, then I think about the item for a while before I purchase it.  It is amazing how well that works to completely stop me from frivolous buying.  By the time I think about it for a few days, I've changed my mind and realized, I don't need the item.  I will only buy things that I need.  Body care products and food.  I got hubby a couple of birthday gifts, inexpensive simple things that he will enjoy.  I've also decided that when I have to buy someone a gift it will be food.  No more giving material things. Trying to re-use items in the house instead of buying anymore....it really feels good. 

Today I wanted to head to the Health Food Store to pick up a couple of Items, Paleo Bread and Mimic Cream.  I called the store to see if they had either item in stock before I headed out and wasted precious gas to buy a couple of luxury items.  They had the bread in stock,  but not the cream.  The women who answered the phone was a bit nasty to me about drinking coffee!!! She said that 1-2 cups was a lot of coffee.  I decided that I was not going to shop there for the bread, I could make my own today.  I badly wanted a BLT, so I made up a Paleo style spinach egg flat bread that would hold the BLT fixings.  It was delicious and I found out that I didn't need a $8 loaf of Almond bread, that honestly isn't all that healthy for me.   I also made a delicious coconut cream for my coffee, and enjoyed my first cup since I quit dairy mid August!  Recipe is 1 can Coconut Milk, 1 egg & 1 TBS of Coconut Oil, whip it up and enjoy.  It will keep about a week in the fridge.  The health food stores and Isles at the supermarket are full of overpriced unhealthy foods that people think are good for them because they are organic or gluten free.  They still have tons of calories from other grains, sugars, etc.  Not one wants to have to just eat the things they should, Vegetables, Fruits, Lean Proteins, eggs and nuts.  It really is that simple. 

No comments: