Friday, January 4, 2013

A Post A Day

Already I'm finding it hard to post once a day. The every day distractions of life seem to take over, next thing I know....I'm in bed. The holiday break has been awesome. Filled with precious time with my 4 sons and their friends. Their I derive so much pleasure from hanging out with my sons and their friends. The last few days they have all begun to head back to their new lives. As each leaves I cry, I know that as they get older, this part of my life is going to end. They will settle down and have their own families. My oldest son is back in CA, living a life I can only dream about. I'm very proud of him. My nature time shrinks according to how much family time I'm living. Its all good though, I know once my kids have flown the coop....there will be far TOO much time on my own. I now choose to be with them, and really...there is no choice, they are awesome people that I can't get enough of.

 My two new adopted turtles....don't seem to be Mud Turtles, I think they are common Musk turtles. They are adorable, and I aim to give them an awesome life. I'm going to set them up in a stock pond. Everyone here in NY is hosting Red Poles. I saw another one on my feeders yesterday. Today I hope to get out and see that White Red tail that continues to hang around Warwick for the last 4 years. This photo was taken by Stephen Sachs a few days ago.

No comments: