Friday, February 14, 2014

Full Moon

Full Snow Moon

Blessed Day

From Hubby!

Valentines Day Dinner for One! 

Tonight I find myself completely alone at home, except for my handsome sidekick Monty.  My hubby and middle sons all left for their annual trip to GA.  The full moon was at 6:53pm and I went outside and watched it rise over the pine trees.  It was spectacular.  What an awesome night it would be for a snowshoe with 2.5 feet of snow on the ground, under that gorgeous moon.  I am going to savor my time alone and put it to good use taking care of me.  The silence of the house is deafening, I can actually think.

The Great American Backyard Bird Count is this weekend, 2/14-2/17.  I had a great start for my report, the flock of Rusty Blackbirds were here bright and early for their cracked corn. I also had flyovers of Canada Geese, Black Vulture and American Crows.  Tomorrow I hope to get out and do some birding else where.   There is a Barn Owl being reported out in the Black Dirt, I will go for him at dusk, also hope for some Harriers and Short-eared Owls.   Until next Wednesday....it's all about me!  I'm not going to waste a moment. 




No comments: