Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Fiddle-head Eggs Benedict



I love Eggs Benedict.  I've eaten all different versions, all over the country.  My favorite version was smoked trout with asparagus in Grand Teton Park in WY.  The view of the lake and mountains certainally didn't hurt the dining experience.   This is my personal favorite Spring Version.  Each Spring I eagerly await being able to get fiddle-heads at my market, yesterday was the day! 

Clean the Wild harvested Fiddle-heads, boil in water 2-3x, changing the water each time.  Drain,  Saute in clarified butter until tender, add salt, pepper and a little lemon juice. 

Paleo Hollandaise Sauce.  Ingredients 1/2 cup slightly heated clarified butter, 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice,  two organic pasture raised egg yolks, salt, black and cayenne pepper.  I use my immersion blender.  Blend together egg yolks, lemon juice,  salt, cayenne and cracked pepper.  Slowly drizzle in the clarified butter until it all thickens.  

Poach 2 eggs, cook two strips of bacon.  Plate the fiddle-heads, crumble bacon, top with eggs and hollandaise sauce.  YUM! 

No comments: