Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crepuscular walk


Long two days at work. Longer days for poor Petey as they are the first two in a couple of months that he as home alone. Bobby wasn't coming home from work until late, so I decided when I got home to quickly put on a pair of winter boots and head up to the Co. Park in the waning daylight. The last thing I felt like doing after a few bad nights sleep, a crappy two days at work and the typical commutes to and from work,was to walk up a snow covered hill in 26 degree weather in the dark. Guess what? As always when I just do it, I had a great time! Watching Petey run his little heart out and bound with complete and utter joy, just puts a huge smile on my face with in minutes of stepping out of my car. Petey's exuberance over the little things in his is contagious. He is in my life to push me to get outside no matter how I feel! No more excuses that it is too dark, as we are on the other side of darkness now, and the days are getting long enough to get him out on work days too. Our walk was blissful. Completely quiet, a couple of twinkling stars, and the crunch of our feet on the snow. By the time we come out of the fields a wonderful sense of peace had come over me...and I felt like I had just come home from a vacation. Petey is a gift that I give myself everyday....he makes me get out there and live. My beautiful brown boy is now sleeping at my feet, he is at peace too.

No comments: