Monday, January 12, 2009

Gotcha day for Petey!


Two years ago I picked up my Sweet Pete from his breeder and we began our journey through life together. It has not been with out lots of ups and downs, the downs few and far in-between, and only because of my inexperience as a first time Doberman owner, I had no idea what I was in for. He has taught me far more then I have taught him. He pushed me to learn all I could about training and leadership. I now look at dog ownership totally different then I ever had in the past. The ups are what this blog is all about, the companionship of a great dog.

Today we went up to Cascade Lake Park. It was 25 degrees out, and a nice couple of inches of fresh snow covering the ice. Petey was overjoyed at running on this new and what seems very comfortable surface, he kept running back to me with this smile on his face, saying in his way~Thank you. This continued for the entire hour we were out. It was truly beautiful today, trees covered in ice, bright blue sky and the ground covered with fresh snow. I think that is what I love best about getting outside in nature for exercise....even if you go to the same place day after day, there is always something new to look at. I hope that I never have to go back to the boredom of machine exercising. Birds of note today...Black Vulture and a lone Male Robin, he must have wanted to stay around and see what Winter was all about.

Yesterday hubby and I took our second son up to college at SUNY Oneonta. Such an incredibly beautiful area. His campus is situated so you see lots of tree covered hills all around it. Lots of trees on the property too. I think he is going to be very happy up there.

No comments: