Sunday, January 25, 2009

Purple Finches


Today was a wonderful day to be home watching the birds at the feeders. We were graced with a flock of six Purple Finches. Some of the Pine Siskins also returned. Lots of ground birds, I'm really loving the White-Throated Sparrows, Juncos,Mourning Doves, American Tree Sparrows.

Petey and I headed up to Cascade Lake at 3:30pm went for a quick walk. We actually ventured out on the lake for the first time this year! I have always been afraid of walking on ice. I don't know why that is, but I have felt this way since I was a little kid. When my boys were little I would take them skating on Lakes but was always nervous the entire time. Today when we arrived at Cascade there were about ten quads on the lake....I figured it was finally *safe* for Petey and I!! Petey was overjoyed running through the deep snow on the lake. I wonder what he was thinking about, he usually swims in that lake!

No comments: