Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today would have been my Dads 75th Birthday. I miss him more as each year passes. He is the reason I love being out in nature so much. It is a passion he passed down to me that has lasted my entire life. My fondest memories of my dad involved being out on his beloved salt water, on a boat. We spent our childhood out on Great South Bay and many vacations at Mr. Whites Cottages on Peconic Bay. Dad was happiest while boating, I can still see his tanned face and his beaming smile as he piloted his Cobia. I am so thankful that he followed his heart, and spent so much of his free time with us boating. Growing up at the beach made for lots of happy childhood memories. Today I choose to celebrate his life. We are off to Vermont for the next couple of days, I hope to see an Eagle and find a restaurant that serves oyster, scallops and key lime pie.

No comments: