Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Spoke too soon

I've spend the better part of the days since my last treatment feeling pretty crappy. I've had to spend more time in bed and laying on the couch.  It is what it is, I have no choice but to listen to my body at this point in time.  It's nearly a year since I had my first dose of chemo, I give myself a lot of credit for doing as well as I am.   Yesterday I had some issues with blurry vision, that scared the crap out of me.  I was outside in the cold playing Frisbee when it started. It was funny because I couldn't think of how to describe what was happening to me, so that Bobby could call my nurse, then it occurred to me that it's called blurry vision.  I'd only had that happen to me one other time in my entire life, that time I was out hiking early in the morning and was dehydrated.   This time it may have been dehydration or low potassium/magnesium levels, just soon as I drank some bone broth and some water mixed with salt and coconut water my normal vision returned. I'm going to take it as a warning that I need to drink the amount of liquids I've been told to.  It's hard to drink that much water, 64-80 ounces a day.  I know it's important to flush the chemo toxins out of your body.  Onward and upward.

The new POTUS and his staff have me feeling beyond sad right now. The nightmare has now become reality.  The earth is going to hell in a hand basket. What we do to the earth we do to ourselves.  I have written my letters, signed petitions, and done all I can do right now.   I've decided to back away from all politics now for the sake of body.  I'm also not going to watch any sad news nor read anything on FB. I am going to only watch NY Rangers, Nature programs, and READ lots of Nature books.   Last night Bobby and I watched the American Experience documentary, a tribute to Rachel Carson and her best selling book, Silent Spring.  It was excellent.  I plan on reading all of her books again and I also plan on going to her cottage in Maine, I'm setting those plans in stone ASAP.   Rachel has been my hero for decades, time to do for me.  I don't have the strength to do for anyone else right now.

Yesterday we had a Northeaster, it was mainly freezing rain and a couple soggy inches of snow.  So many birds visiting the feeders, I am grateful that I have them to take my mind off of everything else.  Today I am going to get my feet under me, dress super warm and get outside for a hike.  I desperately need my nature time, it's been nearly a week since Monty and I've been out there.  It's 9:06am and the sun is peeking out. I best get ready and get going!   

No comments: