Monday, January 30, 2017

5 Bald Eagles!

Today's weather, a high of 34 and a low of 18.  Beautiful sunny day, no wind.  I walked Monty again today.  We walked with 5 other dogs! 4 of them males, and 3 of them used to growl at him, everyone got along great!  After our nice walk.  I headed back out to State School, and then on to Wickham Lake.  Again I had a large white Goose at the farm on SSR, and also a Snow Goose with all the Canadas.  At Wichham Lake I was rewarded with 5 Bald Eagles!  A pair sitting in a tree together, it was perfectly evident that one was a male and the other was a female, as there was a very noticeable size difference.   3 Immatures were on the ice.  The large flock of Common Mergs continues.  Its my understanding that a birder had Evening Grosbeaks at the park today.  I will have to go all week and hope I get lucky!  

No comments: