Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Childrens Favorite Dessert

Luvbird's Peanut Butter Pie
For the last couple of years this has become my sons hands down all time favorite dessert for their birthdays.  It started out as Reece's Peanut Butter Pies and has developed into my own version that now is GF and made in a 9x13 pan.

~Prepare and cool the crust first.
~Preheat oven to 350.
 ~In the food processor combine:
*1 pound Hershey Bar
*1 stick of butter
* 8 oz package of chocolate Gluten Free Cookies
~Bake for 12 minutes, cool and then pop in the freezer for 10 minutes.

 ~ Filling:
*16 oz Jar Peanut Butter
* (2) 8 oz packages Cream Cheese (softened)
* 16 oz container of Cool-whip

~Beat the Peanut Butter with the cream cheese, then add in 3/4 of the container of Cool-whip.
Spread in the pan. Top with the remainder of cool whip.   Then artfully add chocolate and peanut butter chips.  Drizzle with Chocolate and Peanut Butter syrups.  Keep in the fridge.  Also freezes great. 

Thought I'd post something different for a change, as I am a complete foody.  I don't eat desserts like this, so it's the only one I ever make for my family.

On the nature front.....Hummingbird and Monarch yesterday! 

My son arrived in Hong Kong this morning!  It was amazing to chat with him on FB for a few minutes.  I feel much better now.  So excited to hear about his adventures! 

One thing that I LOVE, washing my sheets in Soap Nuts and then hanging them on the line to dry.  They smell like the wind and sun.  So wonderful to get in bed with freshly washed line dried sheets! Is it bedtime yet?
Soap nuts

No comments: