Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Peace of the wild things

This says is all!!!!  If only we could be like all the rest of the animal world, wouldn't we all be so much happier?  Thinking about what might happen instead of living in the moment takes away our current joy. 

We are having a bit of humidity today, and warm temperatures today and yesterday. We are headed to Lake George for the weekend.  Two days of bliss on Fork Island.  I plan on doing NOTHING! Just observing and soaking in the world around me. I want to be one with nature.  I can't wait to sleep outside on the ground.  Waking at the sunrise, watching the sunset and sitting around a campfire with my hubby and best friends n the world.  Total bliss. 

I finished up my tests yesterday and found out that my health issues all are fixable, news for which I am very, very grateful.  I will be on a very strict diet for a long period of time, and then I can't eat the way I used to ever again.  Healthy foods only for now on.  I did have a 1cm pre-cancerous polyp removed.  So it is really good that I went in 4 years earlier then the plan.  Now I will be going for tests more often.

As of yesterday I still have Hummingbirds passing through.  Feeders were cleaned and re-filled.  I may redo them again tomorrow just because of the heat, I don't want the migrants drinking sour sugar water.

Here is the poem in it's entirety.

The Peace of Wild Things
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

— Wendell Berry

No comments: