The LessonWhen Eagle appears to you it means that you are being put on notice. Eagle totems appear to inspire (push) you to reach higher and become more than you think you are capable of. They tell you to be courageous and really stretch your limits and see what you can do. They bring a sense of courage and a desire to explore and grow. To dream of a flying eagle or one who is perched high signifies good fortune or victory coming your way. If it scares you or attacks you it means there are some self-imposed limitations you need to push through.
The lesson of the eagle is to take a look from where it sees. You must have the courage to relinquish stale and comfortable habits and beliefs to soar into unknown realms and new realities - continually expanding your view. Now is the time to take full responsibility for your life and be prepared for instant destiny. As your spiritual awareness increases, the positive and negative ramifications will become more immediate and have greater force.
Ask for eagle help when:
- The details of day-to-day living have you feeling weighed down and you have lost sight of the larger perspective.
- You are faced with a number of tough choices regarding work, relationships or life transitions.
- You're not sure how to integrate recent spiritual insights and revelations into your day-to-day life.
- You feel you are expending way too much energy to get the job done.
- Being patient. Know that this animal spirit guide does not come easily or immediately.
- Writing down judgments you have about others and noting how these are projections of similar aspects or traits you deny are part of yourself.
- Each evening, recording a list of 10 things for which you are grateful that happened that day. Do this every night for at least 21 days.
- Go to an area where you can observe all that is below - the top of a tall building, a hilltop - and take in as much as you can. Take several slow, deep breaths as you do.