Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hawk Magic

Today while out on my daily hike I had the most magical experience with a little sharp-shinned hawk.  As I hiked on the west side of the big field at the Co. Park I noticed a Sharpie flying over the field on the East side.  I put the bins up to the bird and stood and watched it.  I soon realized that the bird was heading right towards me!   It was flying straight on to me, right towards my head and getting closer and closer when suddenly...Monty ran up and the bird veered away from me!  It was such an intense moment that afterwards and I stood thinking...did that just really happen?  What an intense moment with such a awesome bird.  I felt the need to look up Hawk medicine.  

The Hawk is an animal totem that symbolizes the messenger of the gods.  Hawk medicine assists in the skills of observation of your surroundings. You are prompted to observe everything that you do. You are receiving signal and signs all around you so be aware.  The magic of life is presenting itself to you. This is an empowering magic that can assist you in overcoming current stress-filled and difficult situations. There is great power waiting patiently to be called upon. Is this a power that you have and are not using? Are the solutions foggy due to the loss of your inner focus and Hawk totem energy? Is Divine Love presenting a gift that you only need to accept? Now is the time to PAY ATTENTION to your Hawk guidance. You are being called upon. You are only as powerful as your capacity to perceive, receive and use your abilities.  Right now is a good time to use your intuitive ability to discern the message carried within the cry of the Hawk. The shrillness of the Hawk’s call pierces the state of unawareness, and asks you to seek the truth. If the Hawk comes to you, then it is a sign to beware or be aware. The cry of the Hawk animal totem signals the need for you to heighten awareness and receive a message.

Sounds pretty fitting as my journey to this next stage of life begins.  I decided that I want to get a job, and I will only do Meaningful work.   I'm putting that intention out to the Universe and I know that something will happen now that I've made my intention known.  

My hike today was simply terrific.  I spent a joyous 2 hours out in amazing fall weather.  I did some exercising while out there and it felt good.  I'm also still feeling so incredibly centered.  A sense of peace that I have not felt in years.  Something has changed in my body and soul.  I think sticking to this diet and then putting myself in Maine for a healing week has helped me tremendously to start on the road to total health.  I love how I'm feeling both mentally and physically and there is no way I'm going to mess it up with any more poor life choices. 

Lots of wood warblers and kinglets around the yard.   I now have 3 squirrels and a chipmunk to get ready for release.   I look forward to them finding their rightful place in nature. 

No comments: