Wednesday, June 10, 2015

3 weeks and counting



So today its been three weeks since I've logged on to a social media site, except to check my sons FB wall, which I've done twice, I didn't read anyone's posts nor did I visit my own wall. Not one person has missed me, so I'm taking that as a message that I should continue to abstain.  I'm beginning to undo my long standing internet habit.  It's been a process for sure, but gets easier with each passing day.   Today I even hiked with out my cell phone, it felt wonderful, although...I was worried I'd see something I wanted a picture of.  I did see something I found really interesting.  A Painted Turtle riding on the back of a large snapping turtle.  Snapping turtles are getting ready to lay eggs.  This one was swimming around the top of the pond.  Maybe looking for a mate.  I also had a crazy experience after my hike.  When I returned home from my hike and a visit to Turtle Point Road, I opened the patio door to toss my wet sneakers out on the patio so they could dry,  out of the corner of my eye I noticed a bear, but it was already too late to stop Monty, he was out the door.  He chased the poor guy and treed him.  Dogs hate bears.  Tomorrow night I have a friend staying with us.  He's actually been a FB friend for about 6 years.  His dog was Petey's full brother liter mate.  He is hiking the AT with his Doberman.  I'm looking forward to hearing about his adventures.  He's definitely off of social media.  I've always been fascinated by those that hike long distances and get away from society for such a long period of time. I'm cooking a nice big dinner for him.
 




No comments: