Saturday, June 13, 2015

FB visit

I this morning had a wonderful quiet hike  with Monty. Not another soul in the woods, just the way I like it. 


I enjoyed helping out my friend who is hiking the Appalachian Trail.  He is hiking the entire trail with his dobe. I picked them up 2 x and dropped him 1x. I fed him, let him take showers and gave them a comfy bed to sleep in.  It was interesting to hear his stories. He has done over 1300 and has another 800 to finish.  I know that there is no way I could do that trail.  The heat he endured the last couple of days would have done me in.  I look forward to hearing more about his journey.

So yesterday after hearing from a few people that I've been missed,   I went on FB briefly. I grabbed and saved an awesome picture of my son who is in Africa. I updated my status and let everyone know where I've been. I found that I don't miss it and I'm going to continue to stay away from social media for longer.  I feel like I'm just beginning to get my life back.  I like the way I feel and I love not feeling compelled to check FB every hour to see what others are doing.  I'm filling my personal time up with fun things to do.  The quiet that is developing in my head is much welcome. 

No comments: