Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Nature's Magic


Not a great picture of one of our babies

Great way to start the morning


I'm still struggling with the early days of having Lyme.  Too many people lead me to believe that after the magical *48 hours* I'd feel so much better!  Well it didn't happen, it still hasn't happened.  I'm in a lot of pain. One good thing that has happened is that my frame of mind and brain fog has cleared a bit.  So while I feel no better physically, I do feel a little better mentally.  I'll take it.  Though the last two weeks I've gained a huge respect for people who are dealing with chronic pain.  It changes your life. Every day is a struggle.  I will never look at another person the same again, at one time or another everyone will be where I am.   If I am lucky enough to have this pain leave me, I will never, ever, take for granted the pain free days I've enjoyed ever again. I will treat my body like a temple and do everything in my power to maintain good health.  

This morning I had a magical nature moment.  I was on FB chatting with a friend.  We were discussing a tough subject, one that is very close to my heart.  The recent ruling that now same gender marriage is now legal in all 50 states.  I had been upset with something the person had posted, but had misunderstood what they meant by posting it. I heard the Blue Jays in my yard start screaming. I got up from my computer, went to the back door and suddenly a immature Red-tailed Hawk was flying straight at the door and me!  It veered up over the roof before it hit the door, simply a cool magical moment.  Reminding me:  (taken from Spirit Animals & Totems)
Hawk spirit animals invite us to be focused in our daily undertakings. When you feel the presence of the hawk totem, avoid distractions and focus on the task at hand.
At the same time, hawks can soar and fly high in the sky. This animal has the power to provide support in gaining a higher level perspective on any issue or project you undertake. When the hawk appears in your life, it’s perhaps time to be less distracted by the details and focus on the higher perspective. Relying on the hawk power, you can see what’s ahead clearly and defy any obstacles that may be on your way. A specific way the hawk guidance works is to use a high level and yet clear and focused vision to guide your action.
   

No comments: