Thursday, June 25, 2015

Luck

My luck has finally run out.  I've been quite miserably sick for nearly two weeks. Swollen painful joints, headache, exhaustion, stomach woes, dizziness, foul moods and twitching muscles, I have Lyme Disease.  I'm on Antibiotics as of last night, which scares the crap out of me because of my bad gut.  I have decided after feeling this badly for so long, I will never again take my health for granted.  It is the most valuable gift that we have.  Instead of being a victum to the antibiotics destroying my healthy gut flora, I'm going to fight back.  I did a lot of research today, I will be eating my homemade Kim-chi, real fermented sauerkraut and eating a ton of fibrous vegetables. I might end up coming out of this healthier then ever before.  I'm determined to get rid of the Lyme and stop messing around with bad food choices.  So many people I know are struggling with their health.  While some things are completely out of our control, the vast majority are from our lifestyle choices.  Sadly over the last couple of days while feeling so horrible, I've been back on the internet.  I promise myself that soon as I feel better, I'm off again!  

Today's walk was super fabulous.  I felt like complete crap, but did it anyway.  Lots of great creatures up at the lake took my mind off my illness.  There was a Cormorant swimming on the lake! I've never seen one there before.  On our way home there was a Black Snake laying across the road,  I put my flashers on, got out and persuaded him to get off the road! He wasn't too happy with me.  I noticed he had recently had a really big meal, I'm sure he was using the road to sunbathe to help him digest that meal.    

Tonight we ate dinner on the patio, while we ate I spied a Black-billed Cuckoo in the apple tree. Such a gorgeous bird.  He was eating a Gypsy Moth Caterpillar.   We are overrun with those caterpillers this Spring, they are decimating some of the forests around us.  I also heard a Cuckoo up at the Park today as well.  I'm glad they are being well fed this year.
Black Rat Snake
Black Rat Snake

Bolet

Beavers been busy

Milk Weed & Great Spangled Fritillary

Red Salamander Pseudotriton ruber

American Toad

American Toad

Leopard Frog

Grey Tree Frog Tadpoles

Black Snake Skeleton

1 comment:

ScreaminMama said...

I am so sorry to hear about the Lyme Disease but so glad you went for your walk. Yes, our health is so taken for granted until we get smacked in the head with a brick it seems. Lots of love xox